The Senior Systems Engineer plans, designs configures, and maintains enterprise WinTel server and storage environment. The candidate should have a clear understanding of how to research, design, implement, and troubleshoot information systems, cloud technologies and technology solutions in support of business needs.
Assigned hours will primarily be standard corporate business hours but may also include evenings, nights and weekends to implement changes or for support purposes. This role also participates in an on-call support rotation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administers and manages the virtual and physical server environment, storage and related infrastructure. Ensures the systems are functioning at optimal levels. This includes the monitoring of the systems hardware and storage platform. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for managing the allocation of the physical space.
- Specifies, procures, and implements, server and storage and cloud technologies. Evaluates factors such as vendor specifications, number of departments and employees serviced by data processing equipment, volume of transactions, time requirements, cost constraints, security requirements, access restrictions and business continuity to detem1ine hardware configurations.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan layout for type of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and systems, that will provide capability for proposed projects/workload, efficient operation, effective use of allotted space and system recoverability.
- Provides assistance in maintaining and troubleshoot systems as necessary. This includes: Internally developed systems, VMware, Citrix, Microsoft clustering, SCCM, ADFS, Enterprise storage platforms (EMC VNX and Unity), and others. Provides input into the deployment of Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP), Dynamic Domain Name System (DNS), and other sub-systems as needed.
- Assist in design and roll out of cloud technologies including Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
- Participates in information technology projects and is accountable to tasks, milestone dates and statuses.
- Documents related technical procedures, operations manuals, and other guidance. This person also acts as a liaison between company and vendors regarding system related issues
- Other duties as assigned.
- Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job.
- Focus member.
- Counsel objectives.
- Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your client or
- Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care. Listen empathetically and ask questions. (70%/30%)
- Recommend solutions based on your clients or member's needs and
- Ensure that member's expectations were exceeded.
- Verify necessary follow-up action."
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required. Must demonstrate knowledge of Cisco UCS, VCE VBlock, Dell servers, EMC SAN architectures. Expert knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016, Virtualization technologies such as VMware and Hyper V, Citrix and Microsoft Azure cloud services. Microsoft Ce1iified Solutions Engineer (MCSE) and/or Vmware Certified Professional (VCP) ce1iification is required. Install, configure, maintain, and upgrade server oper;:tting systems and applications. Recognize ;:tnd troubleshoot problems with server hardware and applications software. Establish and maintain system documentation, standards and procedures.
This position requires a 4 year degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or a related academic area and a minimum of 8 years' experience as a systems engineer or in a related position. Additional years of related experience in the field may be substituted for the formal education.