Alluvion Staffing is seeking a Business Systems Analyst for a W2 Contract position for a client located in Jacksonville, Florida.
The IT Business Systems Analyst helps client areas achieve their objectives by serving as a resource across functional boundaries and business areas in the analysis of business and user needs, application of technology solutions.
IT Business Systems Analysts lead the integration of multiyear projects with the highest levels of risk, complexity, budget dollars and impact to the business. Provides consultation to define and achieve objectives, identify risk and implement technology solutions. Analyzes and documents business and user needs and ensures technical requirements and project plans are in alignment with business needs. Defines technology and business process scope and objectives as well as detailed business requirements and works with IT partners to translate into technical systems requirements. Is accountable for researching use and implications of technology solutions for assigned client areas and formulating recommendations for systems users to enable continuous improvement. Provides recommendations to systems users and partners in IT to enable continuous improvement. Prepares written project deliverables and requirements documents.
- Leads or participates in the tactical process of defining and implementing multi-year, corporate-wide initiatives of the highest levels of risk, complexity, budget dollars and impact to the business by thoroughly understanding the business needs and implications, documenting business requirements, building consensus, proactively identifying and navigating issues and implications to mitigate risks.
- Leads or participates in annual business process mapping process with client areas and IT partners.
- Serves as liaison with appropriate governance committees to ensure alignment with strategic direction, vision and mission. Ensures required approvals are obtained.
- Leads collaboration efforts to work through complexities associated with coordination across multiple areas, conflicting efforts and limited resources.
- Documents business requirements that capture business needs and process scenarios. Researches, documents and clarifies process and workflow questions.
- Works with IT partners to translate business requirements into technical specifications. Accountable for ensuring business requirements are reviewed, addressed and accurate in deliverables before release. Accountable for understanding and communicating accurate business requirements to IT partners and ensuring technical specifications accurately reflect business needs.
- Facilitates communication between the IT organization and assigned business area(s) including negotiating agreements and educating IT on the direction of the business.
- Recommends improvements to achieve and deliver high quality, value-added services. Identifies opportunities for application enhancement for future upgrades.
- Coordinates, produces and distributes business documents such as reports, system and process documentation.
- Actively participates in project meetings. Leads requirements gathering sessions.
- Facilitates evaluation of delivered technology solution to ensure it satisfies the business needs. Accountable for triaging issues, identifying root cause of systemic issues and ensuring a fix is identified and implemented.
- Conducts business process analysis, needs assessment and cost-benefit analysis studies and provides input into business case.
- Builds internal partnerships to improve communication, coordination, collaboration and effective working relationships. Ensures client needs and expectations are met.
- Writes or assists with writing test conditions, scripts, and/or scenarios. Participates in testing.
- Identifies risks, evaluates controls and prepares findings and recommendations.
- Participates in monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of technology solutions, policies, practices and processes and establishing metrics for released applications.
- Prepares and executes rollout or maintenance plans for supporting products (e.g. applications, reports, databases, tools) once they go live to the end-user.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced IT Business Analysts
- 5 or more years of IT Business Analyst experience including working on multi-year, large scale projects or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in applying research methodology to business solutions.
- Knowledge of systems development concepts and methods
- Experience with business requirements and business process analysis to ensure IT solutions meet the business needs
- Proven leadership abilities including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and ability to facilitate adoption of changing priorities.
- Experience with MS Suite products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Thorough industry knowledge in related business area and understanding of impact on the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify, address and resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and ability to build relationships.
- Solid understanding of the Project Management methodologies and SDLC.
- Extensive use of structured techniques for analysis and design with tools like Enterprise Architect, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to explain complex technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to audiences with diverse knowledge base.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- High critical thinking skills and ability to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Should be able to write complex SQL queries and perform analysis on Production issues.
- Should be able to create screen mockups to visualize requirements to SMEs and modify requirements accordingly.
- Should be able to Created cross walks to map data flow from one system to another.
- Health care industry related experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Enrollment and Billing, Provider Contracting is a Plus.
Please contact Christine Imm at 904-574-8014 or email resume to Christine@alluvionstaffing.com
Cannot Subcontract or use Third party agencies. No C to C. Must be able to work hourly w2. Cannot sponsor. Please no third party vendor calls or resumes.