Alluvion Staffing is seeking a Data Analyst for a contract position with a client located in Jacksonville, Florida.
The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. He/she will be able to organize data, create an extensive audit trail, and manage the data on a software. Also, be able to interpret the business requirement document (BRD), and would be able to draft them where required.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
• Understanding business requirements and translating them into specific software requirements.
• Understanding both technical designs and specifications.
• Analyzing and documenting the required data and information.
• Evaluating information harvested through surveys and workshops, task analysis, and business process description.
• Being able to effectively communicate with external clients and internal teams to deliver GUI, interface and screen designs.
• Being an interface between technology teams, support teams, and business units.
Skills and Specifications
• Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and Access.
• Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills.
• Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
• Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
• Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or any related field from an accredited institution.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration is an added advantage
• Financial industry experience, especially in Banking Operations is preferred.
• Must be proficient in various computer systems and concepts of data management and database structures.
• Solid writing skills are a definite plus.
Please no third parties.