Alluvion Staffing is seeking a Mainframe Developer for a contract position with a client located in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Write code for moderately complex designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
- Review code developed by other IT Developers.
- Provide input to and drive programming standards.
- Write detailed technical specifications. Identify integration points.
- Report missing elements found in requirements and explain impacts to team members.
- Consult with other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
- “Scope” time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
- Support transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated.
- Research vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
- Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years equivalent IT work experience
- 5 or more years of progressive work experience in a programming or application development role
- COBOL, DB2, CICS and JCL
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning tools
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Proficiency programming in more than one object oriented programming language
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
- Relevant Development certifications
Please email Christine Imm at Christine@alluvionstaffing.com for immediate consideration. Must be available to interview in person.