Alluvion Staffing has a great opportunity for a Senior Security Specialist with RACF for a client headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida.
This role requires eight (8) or more years of combined IT and security work experience with an extensive exposure to systems analysis, applications development, and database design and administration and at least five (5) or more years of experience in a lower-level IT Security Analyst role. CISSP or equivalent professional certification is required (CISM, GSEC, etc.).
- Administers an information systems program to validate security policies and regulatory requirements are met across the business, ensuring the company and its systems are protected from domestic or international security threats. Evaluates security controls to ensure effectiveness and compliance with the information security program and regulatory requirements; manages security control remediation efforts; and supports internal and external information security related audits. Uses information security tools (RACF) and procedures to respond to inquiries. Working knowledge of Mainframe systems ( z/OS ).
- Recommends security solutions, advises on systems and application-level security configurations, and investigates/mitigates security risks as required.
- Develops and manages security for business units across the enterprise to prevent hackers from compromising company systems and information.
- Develops and implements security policies and procedures (e.g., user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, security auditing procedures, and use of firewalls and encryption routines).
- Prepares status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles; reviews security violation reports; investigates possible security exceptions; and updates, maintains, and documents security controls.
- Involved in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
- Provides direct support to the business and IT staff for security-related issues.
- Educates IT and the business about security policies and consults on security issues regarding user built/managed systems.
- Represents the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and assistance in all IT projects with regard to security issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to learn the business environment and the ability to evaluate information security risk implications
- Knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of RACF administration required
- Ability to write JCL required
- Experience with TSO/ISPF required
- Prefer experience with any of the following: z/OS internals, SMP/E, JES2, UNIX (OMVS)
- Experience working with a diverse range of data sources/streams and managing these effectively
- Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
- Strong background in security operations, processes, solutions and technologies
- Strong understanding of policy, compliance, and best practice security principles
May lead multiple IT security projects or participate as a team member. Works on small to large, highly complex security issues or projects that require expertise in multiple IT functional areas. Requires expertise of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms. May manage or serve as a project leader for IT security projects or the security components of multi-discipline projects. Must have extensive knowledge in networking, databases, systems and/or Web operations. May coach and guide more junior staff.
Please call Christine Imm at 904-574-8014 for details or email resume to Christine@alluvionstaffing.com
This is a full time permanent position. Sponsorship is not available. Must be able to work on-site in Jacksonville Florida 5 days a week (Day Shift )